Get a Prepaid Card
A Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card or Netspend Prepaid Mastercard® from Check City is a new way to manage your money—without the hassle of a credit check1 because it’s not a credit card or maintaining a minimum balance. Card use and all features subject to card activation and identity verification.1
How to Get a Card
Just visit a Check City Location near you. Our friendly staff will answer your questions and walk you through the process.
With a Check City Netspend Prepaid Debit card from Check City, you can:
- Use your card anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. Use it shop in stores, pay bills2 or shop online.
- Take advantage of convenient loading options. You can add funds to your card by transferring money from your bank account3, enrolling in Direct Deposit, or by bringing cash to any Check City location (reload fee may apply).
- Pay your bills. With a Netspend Prepaid Card, you can pay bills online or over the phone.4
- Manage your money. Every Netspend Prepaid Card includes powerful account management tools and money transfers options to help you manage your money more effectively.3
- Spend smart. Receive cash back on many every day purchases with Payback Rewards.5
- Stay informed. Get alerts that send information about every transaction right to your email or smart phone.6
1 IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card Account for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
3 Fees for bank transfers are determined by the transferor’s bank and may be charged to the transferor’s bank account by the service provider or originating bank. No cost for online or mobile Account-to-Account transfers between Netspend Cardholders; a $4.95 fee applies to each such transfer conducted through a Netspend Customer Service agent
4 Some bill payment services are subject to fees. See the Online Account Center for details about the methods of payment available.
5 Netspend Payback Rewards is an optional program. You may opt-out at any time by visiting your Netspend Payback Rewards Summary Page at your Online Account Center. The reward offers we choose and send to you are based on your shopping habits. Netspend will not share any personal information about you with the merchants who sponsor offers. When you activate an offer and make a purchase with the card, the merchant will not know you are a Netspend Payback Rewards customer, but you will become their customer. For more details about how and when you get rewarded, see the program FAQs, terms and conditions in your Online Account Center. Cash back rewards are credited to your Card Account and are not available in the form of a check or other direct payment method. Program sponsor: Netspend Corporation. MetaBank®, Visa and Mastercard are not affiliated in any way with this offer and do not endorse or sponsor this offer.
6 Netspend does not charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.