Summer is the time for fun, cookouts, camping and all-around fun. Whether your family is spending time at the park, or lounging in the backyard, a delicious cool treat can keep you playing for another hour. If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious and quick cool treat, consider learning how to make fruit popsicles! Popsicles can be made with almost any fruit and juice for a quick, yummy treat.
Learning how to make fruit popsicles is a great activity to do as a family. Your kids can help out with minimal mess. Homemade popsicles can be as healthy as you like. Most commercial popsicles are made with high-sugar and added ingredients making them unhealthy. With a few fresh ingredients, and your imagination, your options are huge!
What You’ll Need
In order to make good homemade popsicles, consider the following:
- Liquid base, you can use water, juice, or even milk & yogurt
- Mashed fruit
- Fresh herbs, if you’re feeling adventurous. Try mint, or basil infused with chili oil for a great kick
- Chopped nuts or chocolate
- An ice mold, such as ice cube tray, or a popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks, or toothpicks for the handle
- Last but not least, a flat space in your freezer to freeze your pops
The process is very simple when making popsicles! There are many different variations and flavors that will best suit your taste. Do some research and experiment to create your favorite fruit popsicle recipes.
There are of course variations to be found and you don’t have to use toothpicks if you don’t want to. For added fun, consider getting some silly ice cube trays so that your kids can make custom treats that are unique to them.