Winter is here but the good news is so far there has not been much snow and it has been as cold as past winters. Thinking about things to do this weekend? Well here is a list of ideas Check City has put together to help you get through the weekend as well as making it a great and enjoyable one.
- Clean and get organized: During the week you might not have time to clean. You are always in a rush to get to work or to school. This is the perfect time for you to put your house in order. Don’t forget that your home represents your life. A cluttered home means a very disorganized life.
- Check out some podcast: Podcasts are wonderful things; top-notch audio programs available for you to listen to for free. Give some a sample, and you can do it easily by using iTunes. Visit the Podcast section of the store and check a few out.
- Go grocery shopping for the week: Plan in advance what you would like to eat during the week and go grocery shopping. If possible cook some food in advance to save you time and money.
- Check out the community calendar: Go to your community website and check out some events. Get involved in your community and provide services for those who need it.
- Meet your neighbors: If you just moved into a new neighborhood, go out of yoru way and meet your neighbors. That way you know who to go to when you need help.
- Play board games: When you done cleaning and want to relax, one great way is to play board games. It helps you relax at the same time freshens and sharpens your mind.
- Learn a new hobby: There is always something new to learn. Explore other talents and hobbies and find out what interests you. You will be amazed at how better you can become if you put in the time. Also along the same lines, you can choose a new topic and learn the basics about it.
- Teach yourself how to change the oil in your car: If you’re due for an oil change, just bring the oil you need home with you and teach yourself how to do it. All you really need is an old pan to catch the wasted oil and a funnel to pour the old oil back into the canisters for later disposal. Just use your car manual as a guide for the procedure and you might just find that not only is it a lot easier than you thought, but it’s a useful skill to have and it’s cheaper than taking your car into the shop.
- Start a blog of your interest: It is amazing what writing can do to you. When feeling depressed or happy or whatever emotions you feel, express it on your blog. You don’t necessary have to blog about you. Find somethingyou love and are passionate about and write about it. You can start for free at blogger.com or wordpress.com
- Take some digital photos: Take your camera one day and go out and explore. Take photos.
To explore most of these ideas, you do not need money but under any circumstance if you are in need of money, Check City has got your back. All you need to do is visit us online or in store and we will be happy to help you.