If you are planning on travelling this summer, the money that you spend can add up quickly. There are a lot of people that hesitate to travel, simply because they do not think they will be able to avoid the cost that is associated with travelling. With gas prices soaring and airfare being expensive, it is important that you know how you are going to go about getting the best price for your travel. When you fly there are a few tricks of the trade that you can use to ensure you are getting the best prices on your air fare.
1. Book your tickets on Tuesdays after 3pm. If your trip can wait until after the last week in August, you will see a dramatic drop in the price of tickets. When you book your ticket Tuesday after 3pm, you will usually be looking through the newest sale prices and the competitors attempt to match those prices.
2. Be familiar with the promotions that are offered on the airlines that you like to travel with. Like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter. You may also want to set up a price alert so you get an e-mail as soon as prices on your specified routes drop below a specific price.
3. Know what a good deal is. Travel experts say that a one hour flight should be $150 or less, $210 or less for two hours, $280 or less for three hours and $340 or less for over three hours.
4. If you have frequent flier miles, make sure that you use them on flights that are worth it. Use the miles on flights that are over $400.
5. You usually do not have to pay for your seat. Wait until the seating chart is released 24 hours before you are going to leave and check-in for a specific seat.
This summer, when you are travelling, remember these tips so you can save some cash!